What started as an online Call for Submissions has grown into a vibrant community. In response, we’ve designed an eight-month engagement to support your participation and enhance the BlackFemaleProject experience. It all begins with our Spring Conference & Conversation Series Kickoff on Saturday, April 30th. RSVP here.
About 2016 Spring Conference
The Spring Conference & Conversation Series is a space where Black women come together to talk about how they navigate workplace experiences and other topics related to the BlackFemaleProject. This is a closed door session, reserved for Black women.
Whether you already submitted a story, or are interested in learning more about the project, this event is for you. Don't miss it!
BlackFemaleProject is a volunteer led and run organization. The ticket cost helps us pay for materials, refreshments and guest speaker honorarium. Our venue sponsor for April 30 is BlackFemaleProject Participant, Fern A. Stroud. Thank you, Fern!
- What is different this year? Multiple cohorts will engage to discuss topics related to their submissions and their respective workplace experiences through a series of facilitated Conversations and workshops. Hard costs will be covered through ticket sales.
- What will be the same? Every other month 2016 story contributors will gather in an intimate setting to discuss their submissions and to support one another through the writing process.
- Outcome: Attendees will understand how each area (racial identity, leadership, lifestyle) contributes to individual and collective success
- Type of engagement for April 30: Facilitated conversations, panel discussion and introduction to 2016 Experts in Residence. Only 30 spaces available.
- Questions for you to consider as you prepare for the session: What about the BlackFemaleProject mission resonates with you? What do you hope to gain from the experience/add to the discussion?
- Light refreshments will be served.
*Help us continue to offer impactful affordable programming by supporting the Conversation Series financially. Sponsorship levels begin as low as $100.
In exchange for volunteering, a handful of sliding scale opportunities are available. Please inquire via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Your Calendar for Future Sessions
May 14, Writer’s Conversation
June 18, Identity Workshop
July 16, Writer’s Conversation
September 17, Leadership Workshop
October 15, Writer’s Conversation
November 5, Lifestyle Workshop
December 17, Writer’s Conversation
December 31, Submissions Due
The BlackFemaleProject aims to prepare girls and young women for the realities of the work world by introducing stories of triumph and perseverance. Real women with satisfying careers discuss navigation strategies that help them maintain professional leadership. By studying how Black women have survived and thrived in a post affirmative action era, we will reduce the impact of structural racism and empower a generation. www.BlackFemaleProject.org
Consent to Use of Images
Ticket purchase and attendance at, or participation in, BlackFemaleProject events constitutes an agreement by the attendee to the use and distribution of their image or voice in photography, video, and recording by BlackFemaleProject its partners and sponsors.